The Club was founded in 1976 by Alderman Sir Hugh Wontner
GBE CVO who, assisted by the College of Arms, also designed the Club's
badge. Exactly when the Ward took its current name is uncertain but there
are documentary references to "Bradesstreete" in 1293 and to "Broad Street
and Lothbury" in 1308.
The Club promotes interest in the Ward and maintains strong social links between Club members and the Ward's Alderman and three Common Councilmen. Membership is open to any person of good standing who has a business or residential connection with the Ward and further information about
the Club can be found at www.brondstreetwardclub.org